ACNC returns with this Lone Star Lunatic series regarding the highly anticipated case of the Texas Eyeball Killer, Charles Albright. Also known as the Dallas Ripper and the Dallas Slasher, this killer targeted women in the Dallas neighborhood of Oak Cliff during the years 1990-1991.
1. DNA & Forensic Analysis. (n.d.). California Innocence Project. Retrieved from https://californiainnocenceproject.org/issues-we-face/dna-forensic-analysis/
2. Dallas County Criminal Case Records. Retrieved from https://www.dallascounty.org/
3. Drahl, C. (2017, April 5). Forensic Hair Analysis Has A Long Road Back To Courtroom Glory. Forbes. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/carmendrahl/2017/04/05/forensic-hair-analysis-has-a-long-road-back-to-courtroom-glory/
4. Hollandsworth, S. (1993, April 30). See No Evil. Texas Monthly. Retrieved from https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/see-no-evil-3/
5. Hsu, S. H. (2012, April 16). Convicted defendants left uninformed of forensic flaws found by Justice Dept. The Washington Post. Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/convicted-defendants-left-uninformed-of-forensic-flaws-found-by-justice-dept/2012/04/16/gIQAWTcgMT_story.html
6. Matthews, J., & Wicker, C. (1996). The Eyeball Killer. Pinnacle Books. Available from https://www.amazon.com/Eyeball-Killer-Matthews-Christine-Wicker/dp/1568651848
7. Oak Cliff, Dallas, TX, Early History. (n.d.). Retrieved January 21, 2019, from https://www.oakcliff.org/history.htm
8. Removing Eyes for Skull Preparation. (2008, July 1). Retrieved from http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,93462.0.html
9. See No Evil. (2001, June 14). [Episode 2, Season 15]. Forensic Files. Retrieved from https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1214469/
10. Various articles. (1990-1991). The Dallas Morning News.
Episode 42 Podcast Recommendation: Murder Dictionary
Episode 43 Podcast Recommendation: The Bad Taste Crimecast