Erin describes a murder case that occurred recently in Tyler, Texas that involves some thought-provoking topics.
1. Arrest affidavit reveals new details in transgender woman’s shooting death. (2015, February 9). KLTV. Retrieved from https://www.kltv.com/story/28062857/arrest-affidavit-reveals-new-details-in-transgender-womans-shooting-death/
2.. College football player kills transgender girlfriend to cover up relationship. (2017, February 20). True Crime Daily. Retrieved from https://truecrimedaily.com/2017/02/20/college-football-player-kills-transgender-girlfriend-to-cover-up-relationship/
3. Daley, E. (2015, December 18). College Football Player Sentenced to Life for Killing Texas Trans Woman. The Advocate. Retrieved from https://www.advocate.com/crime/2015/12/18/college-football-player-sentenced-life-killing-texas-transgender-woman
4. Goldman, D. (2015, February 10). AFFIDAVIT: Suspect in Ty Underwood murder “was supposed to get some kind of sexual favor” from her. CBS 19. Retrieved from https://www.cbs19.tv/article/news/affidavit-suspect-in-ty-underwood-murder-was-supposed-to-get-some-kind-of-sexual-favor-from-her/263705984
5. McBride, S. (2017, November 17). HRC & Trans People of Color Coalition Release Report on Violence Against the Transgender Community. Human Rights Campaign. Retrieved from https://www.hrc.org/blog/hrc-trans-people-of-color-coalition-release-report-on-violence-against-the
6. Morris, R. (2015, December 17). Champion found guilty in January murder of Ty Underwood. Tyler Morning Telegraph. Retrieved from https://tylerpaper.com/news/local/champion-found-guilty-in-january-murder-of-ty-underwood/article_0bb7627d-5282-5534-b95a-137b00199b58.html
Podcast Recommendation of the Week: Texas True Terrors