Shea tells us about a terrifying cult along the Texas border and the case of missing Texan Mark Killroy. Also, Erin gets excited to talk about bones, and in Good News we find out what Dr. Pepper has to do with a donkey.
1. Cartwright, G. (1989, June 1). The Work of The Devil. Texas Monthly. Retrieved from https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-work-of-the-devil/
2. Cult leader’s trail followed to Mexico, then Florida - UPI Archives. (1989, April 18). United Press International. Retrieved from https://www.upi.com/Archives/1989/04/18/Cult-leaders-trail-followed-to-Mexico-then-Florida/1010608875200/
3. Daugherty, C. (1989, April 14). People line up to identify bodies. The Galveston Daily News.
4. Perez-Trevino, E. (2009, March 7). Smugglers called upon ritual magic. Brownsville Herald. Retrieved from https://www.brownsvilleherald.com/news/local/smugglers-called-upon-ritual-magic/article_99155ab6-236b-5055-9dff-06ccc00cf207.html
5. Provost, G. (1989). Across the Border: The True Story of the Satanic Cult Killings in Matamoros, Mexico. Pocket Books. Available from https://www.amazon.com/Across-Border-Satanic-Killings-Matamoros-ebook/dp/B00LW27AQC
6. Richman, A. (1989, May 1). The Grisly Secrets of a Lonely Ranch. Retrieved from https://people.com/archive/the-grisly-secrets-of-a-lonely-ranch-vol-31-no-17/
7. Suro, R. (1989, July 17). Santa Fe Journal; Parents of Slain Texan Keep Up War on Drugs. The New York Times. Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/17/us/santa-fe-journal-parents-of-slain-texan-keep-up-war-on-drugs.html
Everman, H. (2018, January 18). Dr Pepper-Drinking Donkey Returns Home After Missing For 2 Years: Owner. NBC 5 DFW. Retrieved from https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/dr-pepper-drinking-donkey-returns-home-after-missing-for-2-years/76205/
Podcast Recommendation of the Week: Murder Mile