This week Erin presents the tale of the Catt family and a mysterious series of bank robberies near Katy, Texas in 2012. This story also has ties to crimes in other states. Strap in and get ready for for this wild tale that sounds like it could be the plot of a made-for-TV movie.
1. “City History | City of Katy, TX.” . https://www.cityofkaty.com/about/city-history.
2. “Court Records Research | Fort Bend County, TX.” https://www.fortbendcountytx.gov/government/courts/court-records-research.
3. “A Family Affair.” 20/20. ABC. https://abc.go.com/shows/2020/episode-guide/2019-06/28-06-28-19-a-family-affair.
4. Hollandsworth, Skip. “‘I Would Only Rob Banks for My Family.’” Texas Monthly, June 2014. https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/i-would-only-rob-banks-for-my-family/.
5. Rylander, Roberta Wright. “Katy, TX.” Handbook of Texas Online, June 15, 2010. https://tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hfk01.
6. The United States Department of Justice Archives. “Criminal Resource Manual: 1349. BANK ROBBERY -- GENERAL OVERVIEW,” February 19, 2015. https://www.justice.gov/archives/jm/criminal-resource-manual-1349-bank-robbery-general-overview.
DFW CBS Local 21. “More Texas Children Now Leaving Foster Care Than Entering; Adoptions Hit Record Number,” December 4, 2019. https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/04/texas-children-foster-care-adoptions/.
Podcast Recommendation of the Week: Murder Mile