Episode 57: The Missing Airman
In January of 2005, Air Force Staff Sergeant Michael Severance disappeared from his San Angelo home without a trace. Multiple law enforcement agencies and the Air Force Office of Special Investigations teamed up to investigate the case. While his disappearance was initially thought to be a case of desertion, it takes a sharp turn to homicide once his body was recovered.
1. Airman found dead in Texas pond laid to rest in Maine. (2005, March 26). Retrieved from https://www.seacoastonline.com/article/20050326/news/303269961
2. Beuthanasia-D Special. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.drugs.com/vet/beuthanasia-d-special.html
3. Fanning, D. (2009). A Poisoned Passion: A Young Mother, her War Hero Husband, and the Marriage that Ended in Murder. St. Martin’s True Crime. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/Poisoned-Passion-Husband-Marriage-Martins-ebook/dp/B002LA0A34/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=wendi+davidson&qid=1579643272&sr=8-3
4. Sambides, Jr, N. (2005, August 13). A Long Way From Home Agent Greg McCormick’s legwork ‘broke the case,’ turning a missing person’s report into a homicide probe. Retrieved from https://archive.bangordailynews.com/2005/08/13/a-long-way-from-home-agent-greg-mccormicks-legwork-broke-the-case-turning-a-missing-persons-report-into-a-homicide-probe/
5. Sambides, Jr., N. (2006, October 17). Wife accepts plea in Texas murder case Davidson gets 25 years in death of Michael Severance of Lee. Retrieved from https://archive.bangordailynews.com/2006/10/17/wife-accepts-plea-in-texas-murder-case-davidson-gets-25-years-in-death-of-michael-severance-of-lee/
6. Sambides, Jr., N. (2011, December 30). ‘We just try to enjoy him when we can’: Family of slain Lee native welcomes home his son. Retrieved from https://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/30/news/penobscot/we-just-try-to-enjoy-him-when-we-can-family-of-slain-lee-native-welcomes-home-his-son/
7. Tom Green County Criminal Case Records. Retrieved from http://odysseypa.co.tom-green.tx.us/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=808752
8. Toxicology tests lead to search of veterinary clinic. (2005, April 14). Retrieved from https://www.chron.com/news/article/Toxicology-tests-lead-to-search-of-veterinary-7543941.php
9. The Unwelcome Wagon. (2016, September 9). Nightmare Next Door. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B01LVWNUGN/ref=atv_dl_rdr
10. Wendi Mae Davidson, Appellant v. The State of Texas, Appellee. Retrieved
11. Wendi Mae DAVIDSON, Appellant v. The STATE of Texas, Appellee. (2008, March 13). Retrieved from https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-court-of-appeals/1129251.htm
Comments are closed.