In January of 1991, the community of Laredo was shocked by a triple homicide at a residence of prominent businessman and pastor James Smiley. Three teenagers were arrested for the horrible crime but their sentences were drastically different. This is a crime where many questions remained unanswered and many believe justice has not prevailed.
1. Harrison, G. (2018, June 19). The Devil Wants Their Souls. The Sun. Retrieved from https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6530444/youngest-death-row-satanic-murder/
2. Janette, L. (2010). God Saved Me From Death Row. Xlibris. Retrieved from https://read.amazon.com/?asin=B07GNXB64Y
3. Production, F. R. (2013). Laredo and the Law. Retrieved from https://vimeo.com/75853622
4. Tovell, J. (2018). “I Am a Killer”: Miguel Angel Martinez. Sky Vision. Retrieved from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt8342274/
5. Trial approaches — 10 years after 3 were axed and stabbed to death. (2002, July 3). Plainview Daily Herald. Retrieved from https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Trial-approaches-10-years-after-3-were-axed-8922591.php
Good News: http://missionwaco.org/