Erin and Shea dip their toes into the audio drama pool this week in ACNC's first Halloween special! Join us 'round the campfire as we tell two true crime tales of old Texas: the Goatman of Alto and the headless horseman El Muerto. Get ready to get spooked!
1. Crocker, L. (2013, November 27). The Lake Worth Monster | The Tarrant County Historical Journal. Retrieved January 25, 2020, from http://tchj.com/category/the-lake-worth-monster/
2. Osborne, R. (2018, March 8). Tracking Goatman: The story behind the Lake Worth Monster. WFAA ABC Channel 8. Retrieved from https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/tarrant-county/tracking-goatman-the-story-behind-the-lake-worth-monster/287-526680734
3. Sadeghi, C. (2018). DAYBREAK REWIND: The Legend of the Lake Worth Goatman. WFAA ABC Channel 8. Retrieved from https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/daybreak-rewind-the-legend-of-the-lake-worth-goatman/287-581234648
4. Scudder, C. (2014). Greer Island’s Goatman. Dallas Morning News. Retrieved from http://res.dallasnews.com/interactives/goatman
5. Thrift, C. (2018). Goatman’s Bridge – Denton, Texas. Atlas Obscura. Retrieved from https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/goatmans-bridge
6. Treat, S. (2013, October 18). THE TRUE HISTORY BEHIND GOATMAN’S BRIDGE. We Denton Do It. Retrieved from https://wedentondoit.com/blog/2013/10/18/back-in-the-day-goatmans-bridge
7. Voorhees, S. (2017, October 31). Denton’s Haunted Bridge Legend Grows, But Does the Story Add Up? – NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth. NBCDFW Channel 5. Retrieved from https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/dentons-haunted-bridge-legend-grows-but-does-the-story-add-up/44982/
8. Weiser, K. (2017). Alton, Texas and the Haunted Goatman’s Bridge. Legends of America. Retrieved from https://www.legendsofamerica.com/tx-alton/
1.Bowles, D. (2014, September 19). CREATURE FEATURE II: The Headless Horseman of South Texas. The Monitor.
2. Cox, M. (2015, June 11). El Muerto. Retrieved from http://www.texasescapes.com/MikeCoxTexasTales/El-Muerto.htm
3. El Muerto—The Headless Horseman of West Texas. (2017, February 7). Retrieved from http://americashauntedroadtrip.com/el-muerto-the-headless-horseman-of-west-texas/
4. Juarez, Rosi. 2016. “El Muerto: The Ghostly Ride of the Headless Horseman.” Texas Hill Country. https://texashillcountry.com/el-muerto-headless-horseman/.
5. Reid, M. (1866). The Headless Horseman: A Strange Tale of Texas. Available from https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uiug.30112002996210;view=1up;seq=278
6. Rice Adams, K. (2016, October 19). El Muerto: The Headless Horseman of Texas. Retrieved from http://petticoatsandpistols.com/2016/10/19/el-muerto-headless-horseman-texas/
7. Weiser, K. (n.d.). El Muerto – The Headless Horseman. Legends of America. Retrieved from https://www.legendsofamerica.com/tx-elmuerto/