This week we bring you the tragic and fascinating case of Kathleen Lipscomb. Join us as Shea takes you on a roller coaster ride of forensic techniques that were used to finally solve a mysterious murder from 1986 in San Antonio.
1. Bogino, C. H. (1990, August 21). Serviceman admits murdering wife. Daily Press. Retrieved from https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-xpm-19900821-1990-08-21-9008210150-story.html
2. DeWitt, D. (1989, July 19). Charge filed in ’86 death. Daily Press. Retrieved from https://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-xpm-19890719-1989-07-19-8907190179-story.html
3. Kathleen Lipscomb Found Dead on Side of Texas Highway; Air Force MSgt Bill Lipscomb Pleaded Guilty to Murder, Sentenced to Life in Prison (June 9, 1986). (1986, June 9). Military Justice For All. Retrieved from https://militaryjusticeforall.com/1986/06/09/air-force-sergeant-admits-killing-his-wife/
4. Pence, I. (1997). A Clue From the Grave. New York, N.Y: Pinnacle.
5. Sex, Secrets and Sergeants. (2015, April 10). Scorned: Love Kills. Retrieved from https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4987934/
6. True Lies. (2004, January 7). Forensic Files. Retrieved from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2609168/
Fratello, J. (2016, August 3). Texas cop has tea party with little girl whose life he saved. Today. Retrieved from https://www.today.com/news/texas-policeman-has-tea-party-girl-whose-life-he-saved-t101319
Podcast Recommendation of the Week: Targeted